Friday, November 6, 2015

iPhone

So I finally got an iPhone - well, 2 iPhones actually, because I killed the first one within a week, further blackening my name with Asurion, the cell phone insurance company - and I've decided that the iPhone (and by extension all smartphones) are complicated little boxes that are designed to retard and distract from actually having thought processes and experiences.  You're just supposed to just exchange photos and emoji messages.  Perhaps someday the usefulness of a smartphone will become apparent to me ("you have to download more apps, Mom" is my daughter's advice), but for now my position is that the whole phenom is extremely over-rated, and causes brain function erosion even before you get actual brain cancer from the actual micro-waves.  And I'm not even all that grouchy this morning...

1 comment:

jamie said...

Lol! So no texting? :). After 20 years, I feel a need to see you! Let's reconnect!! Fb me sometime!